The Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) has been closely following updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19),?with?concerns for?the health and safety of?our communities in?the United States and abroad in?mind.?We urge you to stay informed on the latest CDC updates and recommendations?here.?
Women in Design Deep Dive
After careful consideration, and in accordance with health guidelines from the CDC and local officials,?we have decided to reschedule the Women in Design Deep Dive in Columbus, OH to?October 6-7, 2020.??
We believe this is the best course of action?to minimize risk at this critical stage and protect the wellbeing of every person involved with the event.
A new round of ticket sales will begin closer to the new dates. Please contact?Austin Del Gallo?if you have any questions. The main Women in Design event page will be updated as new information becomes available.?
Sustainability Deep Dive
This is now a virtual event, occurring?June 3-5, 2020. Registration is open, and we're offering?a significantly reduced, "choose your rate" pricing option.
Visit the?main Sustainability Deep Dive page for the latest updates and to learn more about the speakers, schedule, content, and sponsorship opportunities.
Updates at?IDSA HQ?
IDSA Staff are working remotely through September 7, 2020.?Since our employees will be out of the office during this time, there may be a slight delay in the processing of mailed payments,?single INNOVATION orders?and the like. We also will be waiving all wire fees at this time, until further notice. All major operational functions and support of the IDSA community will continue, including phone calls, emails and other?forms of digital communication related to our events, chapter outreach and programming.
As referenced in our?2020 Membership Update, IDSA's recent investment in improved IT has allowed for a wide range of collaborative and cloud-based tools that have made it easier for staff members to connect with our volunteer teams. If you have questions or require support, please reach out to us email@example.com.
Local Chapter Events
We recommend that all in-person chapter events be postponed or canceled through at least May 31, 2020.?We are working with local chapter teams to advise them on how to best handle this rapidly evolving situation. Please check with your?local Chapter Officers?for the most up-to-date information about events in your community.?
We have provided a list of resources?for IDSA Chapter Officers?here.?
Design Challenges & Initiatives to Address COVID-19
- Luminary Labs'?Open Source Initiatives to Address COVID-19
- Design Can Help: Code Life Ventilator Challenge?(Canada)
- Make4Covid (Colorado)
- Global Grad Show?has issued an open call in search of?solutions related to?COVID-19 and its various medical, social?and economic effects. The initiative is open to students, graduates and educators.
- Pensa NYC has launched a?website?with resources on how to build simple intubation shields. They're also working on face shields - more info?here.
- Designers for Hire: Y Combinator is putting together a list of designers looking for work. Fill out their form?here.
- Adobe?is offering free temporary Creative Cloud licenses.?Learn more.??
- Keyshot?is?offering free temporary?Keyshot?licenses. Reach out to the sales team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Webex has upgraded their free plan option to 100 participants per line, with unlimited meeting time. Learn more.