The change represents a step forward in IDSA's new City-Based Chapter Initiative.
IDSA is pleased to share that effective today, IDSA-Texas is now IDSA-Austin (ATX). The selection was made based on the large number of chapter members residing in Austin, TX.?Until new city-based chapters are formed in the region, IDSA-Austin will continue to serve current members of IDSA-Texas, which include all parts of Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma.
IDSA-Austin is the first of our current chapters to reflect our new IDSA City-Based Chapter Initiative, which involves renaming current chapters serving large geographic areas, and adding new city-based professional chapters to our network.?Executive Director Chris Livaudais, IDSA introduced the initiative in the January 2020 Membership Update.?
- The initiative is designed to address the challenges faced by our professional chapters that represent large geographic areas with loosely defined borders?(e.g. Rocky Mountain, Northern Lakes, Carolinas, Central New York) and improve the way in which members and the design community experience the value of IDSA at the local level. ?
- Over the course of this year, current IDSA professional chapters serving large geographic areas, specifically state (e.g. Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky) and regional (e.g. Central New York, Northwest, Northern Lakes) chapters will be renamed to reflect the cities within those areas.
- IDSA will connect with the officers from chapters that fall into this category about the schedule and process for renaming their chapter.
Additionally, IDSA is now accepting proposals from members interested in starting a city-based chapter in their local area.
- Those interested in starting a new chapter can complete this “Start a chapter” form.
- IDSA HQ will notify members when current chapters are renamed, and when new city-based professional chapters join our network.
If you have questions about the City-Based Chapter Initiative or about proposing a new city-based chapter, contact Korie Twiggs.